There’s no corresponding photos to go with this, but I’ll just give a few notes.
17.5 miles. I didn’t intend to go that far. I really had only planned on the 12 mile option, but I met some nice people and made some friends, so we ended up going a little further!
- Sports Bra works great, I’ll post a review of that soon.
- Shoes seem to be good, but this was all asphalt for the most part, and since I was breaking in new shoes (and haven’t really been on a long walk in a while,) I have terrible shin splints.
- Socks: I need to do some research. I ended up with one pretty large blister on one heel, so I need to get something better. I was using an older pair of mid weight hiking socks, and I think perhaps they’re just too worn for this kind of punishment.
- Losing Weight: not my body (although that needs a little work) but in my pack. Ditch anything nonessential and/or get a smaller pack just for this purpose, that can carry a 3L water bladder.
- I really should have gone on these hikes last year, and I would have learned more of these lessons! But I was (and always am) working on my social anxiety issues, and it can be rough to be in a group of strangers. I had a bit of anxiety at the beginning but it went away as I made some trail friends.
Hopefully the weather holds up this next weekend and I can get out there again.